Highways Design Engineer
£30,000 - £42,000 per annum
Job DescriptionHighways Design Engineer required for a full time position. The ideal candidate will be a positive and committed individual. You must have experience in design and management of highways projects to be considered for shortlisting.
The main duties and responsibilities will be:
• To deliver highway designs through AutoCAD & associated design packages including Key Line & Key Sign.
• Preparation of tender packages including drawings, bills of quantities, specifications and Pre-Construction Health & Safety Plans.
• Preparation of cost estimates for client budgeting purposes.
• Ensure all designs are in accordance with current design standards.
• Undertake site supervision of highway and infrastructure projects.
• Develop and maintain excellent client and stakeholder relationships, ensuring repeat business, added value, and client satisfaction.
• You will be involved in project management and technical delivery of projects from inception through to completion of project.
• To ensure all designs are CDM 2015 compliant.
• Manage and co-ordinate personal workload to achieve project deliverables within the agreed time, quality and financial objectives.
• Good skills with MS Excel and Word are essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong team-working ethic is essential
• Attend consultation events.
• Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected at this level
The required qualifications/competencies are:
• Qualified to HND/C level or equivalent.
• Membership of CIHT or equivalent with commitment to gaining accreditation to member level.
• A track record in the Highways and Transportation industry.
• Ability to work on own initiative with limited management to plan, prioritise and organise work to meet deadlines.
• A detailed knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and Manual for Streets.
• Detailed Knowledge and understanding of DMRB design standards
• Understanding of Health and Safety legislation, experience of CDM Regulations 2015.
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Key Signs & Key Lines.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Word Excel Outlook and Teams
• Candidates should demonstrate initiative with managing workload, be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and the attitude, conduct and demeanour to reflect company values.
• Ability to Communicate clearly and confidently to build and maintain effective relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
• Hold a full driving licence
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.