£25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job DescriptionJob Title: Layout Designer
Job Purpose: To provide an architectural drawing and technical information service and support to the in-house Technical Department
Scope: The role of the Technical Department in an Operating Division is to provide a practical and cost effective technical service.
This will encompass site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, and the investigations of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions. This may involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
The Designer will generally be given specific projects to run, either at the Design Stage or at Planning Approved Stage. They will also need to prepare the associated planning and working drawing information required for feasibility purposes, and to enable Planning and Building Control approvals to be secured. Liaising and preparation of any additional information to assist all other departments, to ensure a timely site start through to build completion.
1. Advise Land Department on Technical viability of new sites.
2. Produce sketch and detailed site layouts and contribute to Technical reports for Land Appraisals, prepare working drawings, details and specifications, with minimum supervision.
3. Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales departments and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
4. Assist the Technical Manager in fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants.
5. Produce and submit Planning & Building Regulation Applications and obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals. Manage and submit the discharge of any planning conditions.
6. Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance plans, sales area layout drawings.
7. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy.
8. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
9. Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested to do so.
10. Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings.
11. Ensure updated Group drawings are issued in accordance with department procedures.
Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life.
The focus in this role is both:-
Internal: Colleagues within Operating Division; and
External: Consultants, suppliers, manufacturers, LA and NHBC Officers to ensure they get the required level of service for the Company.
Decision Making Authority:
Decisions are limited to the scope of works and responsibilities. This position should always refer to the Technical or Design Manager, if there is any doubt over the effect of the decision, on Cost, Programme Timescale, Product or Company Image.