Lead Electrical Design Engineer
Bristol / Plymouth
Job DescriptionOur client, a leading water infrastructure contractor, is looking to employ a Lead Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent basis to be responsible for the production and coordination of outlined and detailed Design Deliverables on combined schemes, predominately in the water industry, and to provide an overall design package to the Project Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Design Manager, the role would require the right candidate to undertake, and have demonstrable experience in, the responsibilities below.
• Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel
• A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions
• Working alongside the Design Manager/Senior Designer (Team Lead) and where applicable the Project Manager to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
• To lead and promote innovation, challenging our clients, design partners and the supply chain to ensure cost effectiveness in both our design solutions and design activities
• To manage, mentor and develop the Design Engineers in conjunction with the Regional Design Manager, who has responsibility to closely co-ordinate design production between the in-house design teams, external design companies, our supply chain and where applicable our client designers
• To prepare design budgets and programmes for all design activities
• To provide outline and detailed engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel
• To ensure all design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI’s
• Liaison with client’s engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract
• Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings
Minimum Experience Needed:
• Significant demonstratable experience of water and/or sewage treatment processes as an Electrical Design Engineer or demonstratable experience of water and/or sewage treatment processes as a Senior Electrical Design Engineer
• Demonstratable commercial and contractual awareness
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Suite
• An engineering industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
If rate of pay is a sliding scale what is needed to get to the top amount:
• Significant demonstratable experience of water and sewage treatment processes as a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with a leading contractor/main client.
• Additional qualifications in electrical design relevant to water and/or sewage treatment processes.
• Professional Engineering memberships relevant to engineering discipline.
• Demonstratable experience in organising colleague’s workload
• Demonstrable experience with all job description responsibilities.
• Demonstratable experience with all points in the minimum experience section.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.