£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Job DescriptionOur client, a leading regional civil infrastructure and engineering main contractor, is looking to employ a Planner on a permanent basis to support estimators and delivery teams to ensure compliance in planning and commitment to the company objectives.
Working as part of Planning team, and reporting to the Planning Manager, the right candidate would need demonstrable experience of the responsibilities below.
• Proactively support the estimating and delivery teams to ensure that planning standards are maintained across all projects and planning & control procedures are adhered to.
• Assisting with the tender, pre-construction, and delivery of a range of opportunities and live projects by collaboratively developing and maintaining robust detailed project plans.
• Assisting with establishing optimal construction methodologies, logic sequences and work outputs.
• Appreciating and upholding the Health & Safety standards in all planning processes.
• Developing animations of the project plan to aid digital rehearsal of the project construction.
• Supporting the review of tender programmes and their compliance.
• Fostering the planning culture with a great focus on weekly planning updates and reviews of performance.
• Monitoring the critical path and key milestones, advising the delivery team on any potential changes and leading challenge and mitigation actions.
• Supporting the preparation of reports and update of information displayed on sites in line with the reporting cycles.
• Ensuring that claimable delays are captured and quantified.
• Supporting the development of programmes to demonstrate the impact of change in compliance with the contractual and project-specific requirements.
• Advising Operations and Commercial of project risks, float uptake and impacts on the contractual delivery dates.
• Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met.
• Delays and respective entitlements are identified and claimed.
• Good understanding of construction sequencing and how a project comes together, gained in a site-level role for a contractor in the UK construction industry.
• Good knowledge of NEC and other relevant forms of contract.
• Experience in leading collaborative planning processes.
• Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction is preferred.
• Proficient in Primavera P6 and competent in MS Project.
• CSCS Card.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
• Innovative and supportive of other team members to enhance the effectiveness of planning across the business.
Minimum Experience Needed:
• Demonstratable experience using Primavera P6 and MS Project.
• Demonstratable experience of construction sequencing, from a site-level role, for a contractor in the UK construction industry.
• Demonstratable experience of developing NEC and other relevant forms of contract.
• Demonstratable experience in leading collaborative planning processes.
• Demonstratable ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
• Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction or Significant demonstratable experience as a Planner within the civil construction industry.
• CSCS Card.
If rate of pay is a sliding scale what is needed to get to the top amount:
• Significant demonstratable experience using Primavera P6 and MS Project.
• Extensive history of construction sequencing experience from a site-level role, for a leading civils contractor(s) in the UK construction industry, and a background in the water or utilities sector.
• Demonstrable experience with all job description responsibilities.
• Significant demonstratable experience with all points in the minimum experience section.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.