£55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Job DescriptionOur client, a leading civils Main Contractor, is recruiting for a Project Manager to work within their Infrastructure team on major Highways projects. You will have:
• High level leadership and management skills;
• Commercial and financial ability;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Technical experience and knowledge;
• Strong leadership and people management skills;
• Ability to plan and organise resources in order to meet tight deadlines;
• Customer/Client focus;
• Range of contract experience (desirable);
• Experienced in Civils and Infrastructure works;
• Experience in major highways/water treatment and/or airport works.
• Maintaining effective and long term relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors;
• Implementing and maintaining Company Strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc. and acting as an exemplar of the Company culture and values;
• Ensuring the project team comply with the company’s Business Management System;
• Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
• Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability;
• Managing, supporting, mentoring and counselling members of the project team in their personal development;
• Undertaking annual assessments for staff directly reporting to the role;
• Seeking and developing on-going continuous improvement;
• Providing aftercare services to the customer;
• To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same;
• Any other duties relevant to the role.
• CITB Level 3 Safety Course;
• Appropriate CSCS Card;
• Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate subject (desirable);
• Professional Qualification (desirable);
• Experience as a Project Manager or similar;
• Experience in a similar role;
• Experience running projects as a "number 1" over £15m in value (desirable).
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.