£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Job DescriptionOur client, a leading regional civil infrastructure and engineering main contractor, is looking to employ a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis to support delivery teams with a high variety of commercial management tasks, including input on the financial control of all projects from inception through to final account closure, capital & operation expenditure budgets and total expenditure.
Working as part of a commercial team, the right candidate would need demonstrable experience of the responsibilities below.
• Solution Cost Estimating (with technical support from specialist engineers).
• Subcontract & Supply Chain Management.
• Accurate Financial Job Cost Forecasting.
• Cost Control.
• Administration of the Main Contract (NEC).
• issuing Early Warnings and Change Requests and keeping accurate records for change control.
• Final Accounts & Cost Capture Requirements.
• Knowledge and experience in the utilities / civil / mechanical engineering sector preferably in the water industry.
• Previous experience on high volume / low value works preferred.
• A degree in Quantity Surveying or HNC / HND in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with specific QS / commercial management experience.
• Possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be able to interrogate and analyse financial reports.
• Able to create cost plans, financial budgets and predict final out-turn project costs by accurately monitoring project spending verses estimated solution costs.
Minimum Experience Needed:
• Experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor, mainly in the utilities, civil or mechanical engineering sector.
• Experience of the Water Industry.
• A willingness to travel to multiple sites over the Anglian Water area / East of England.
• Experience working on high volume / low value works.
• Experience creating cost plans, financial budgets, predicting final out-turn project costs and analysing financial reports.
• I.T literate including Microsoft Suite.
• A degree in Quantity Surveying or HNC / HND / NVQ Lvl4+ in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with QS / commercial management experience.
• Full, valid UK driving licence.
If rate of pay is a sliding scale what is needed to get to the top amount:
• Further experience as a as a Quantity Surveyor, mainly in the water industry.
• Further relevant qualifications or a professional membership with a relevant body.
• Further significant demonstratable experience with all points outlined in the job description and minimum experience section.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.