Senior Electrical Engineer
£47,000 - £60,000 per annum
Job DescriptionOur client requires a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their Technical Services team in the Thames Valley region.
You will be responsible for leading electrical engineering design, identifying and promoting solutions at the definition stage of multi-disciplinary projects. You will investigate and assess current asset performance, define surveys and inspections, identify solution options, produce feasibility reports and outline designs, and support our clients through their investment process.
What you’ll be doing day to day
• Assessment of technical information and development of solutions, through the preparation of engineering deliverables such as reports, drawings, specifications and data sheets.
• Develop low carbon designs that are safe to build, commission, operate, maintain and de-commission.
• Delivery of project outputs, as part of multi-disciplinary project or operational teams, in accordance with project or service delivery procedures.
• Delivery of project outputs to time, cost and quality.
• Engagement of various stakeholders to understand current performance and future client requirements to be incorporated into the solution.
• Attend internal and external design reviews (e.g. HAZOP and ALM reviews) and where applicable progress meetings.
• Communication of progress and additional resource requirements to the relevant manager
• Applying technical assurance and ensuring compliance with governance process(es).
• Work alongside Project / Design Manager(s) to support the planning and delivery of projects including estimating and monitoring resource input, cost and time requirements.
• Produce high level designs and scope information to enable solutions to be valued.
• Share knowledge and experience within projects teams and the customer.
The experience they’re looking for in a candidate
• An industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in an electrical engineering discipline
• Chartered Engineer (or ready and able to progress to Chartered)
• Experience of design and specification of Low Voltage electrical equipment including but not limited to distribution switchgear, Motor Control Centres, Variable Frequency Drives, Soft Starters, power factor and harmonic correction, lighting and cabling systems
• Experience of design and specification of instrumentation and control systems
• Experience of cable calculations using proprietary software such as Amtech
• Generation of typical electrical and instrumentation drawings and documents including but not limited to cable block diagrams, single line diagrams, termination details and loop diagrams cable schedules, instrumentation schedules
• Generation of control philosophies, URS and FDS documents to client briefs and specifications
• Commercial and contractual awareness
• Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
• Managing a small team for the production of engineering detail
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.