Senior Quantity Surveyor
£43,000 - £55,000 per annum
Job DescriptionMy client is seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team due to continued growth., to provide financial management on a variety of projects specific to post, ensuring that the measurement, valuation and cash flow on assigned projects are managed effectively.
The successful applicant will have:
• 10 years’ experience and a proven track record in the commercial environment.
• Ideally HND, degree or equivalent is - desirable.
• Competent in construction processes and procedures.
• Experience of Microsoft and office IT packages.
• Proven experience of working within different contract frameworks.
• Experience in working with contract documentation specific to role.
• Comprehensive contracting and commercial skills.
• The timely and accurate measurement and valuation of the works; including ensuring other members of the team comply.
• The recording of information relating to the works.
• Attendance at valuation meetings with the Client Representatives as required and / or verifying attendance by required members of the team.
• Production of project financial forecasts and reports.
• Subcontractor procurement and management – approval of subcontract orders and payments produced by other members of staff.
• Valuation, certification and / or approval of payments to Sub Contractors.
• Aid and mentor the QS team in achieving company objectives.