£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Job DescriptionSite Engineer required on a permanent basis! This role will involve working away from home, with projects in Scotland, London and other parts of the country. You will support the engineering department with the delivery of site-based engineering duties. Your role will include producing temporary works designs and deliver a complete range of Civil Engineering services from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
As part of your remit, you will be required to:
• Produce layouts and detailed drawings for the inclusion in the tender process
• Produce as built drawings based on redlines provided by project managers / engineers
• Checks dimension design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information
• Setting out civil works via the use of GPS co-ordinates and point cloud.
• Produce traffic management drawings (site route maps)
• To procure and deliver setting out information on site / undertake surveys
• Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
• To assist the construction supervisor/project manager in the management of site staff and provide technical advice/assistance where required
• Assist project managers / engineers with temporary works designs for ongoing projects
• Engaging with third parties in communicating aspects of the design that require explanation or clarification
• Provide feedback to supervising engineers / managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
• Collate, update and file documents electronically onto the main server
• To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
• To comply with health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
• To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
• Behave in a professional and appropriate manner
• Responsible for the safety, quality, productivity and accuracy of their own work.
• Be punctual, polite & respectful at all times
• Travel within the UK to various site locations shall be required regularly.
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the department head.
• Minimum of two years’ work experience in civil engineering and/or earthworks
• Minimum HNC/HND qualification in Civil Engineering
• Experience and up to date knowledge of surveying software
• Must be computer literate and specifically knowledgeable in MicroStation/AutoCAD and proficient using Microsoft office
• Experience of 3D scanning, point cloud and Building Information Management systems (BIM) would be highly advantageous.
• Experience with codes of practice for concrete and steel work design (EN & BS codes)
• Experience in co-ordination of the civil/structural works, completion of construction activities, reviewing contractor method statements and ensuring compliance with all applicable standards and contract requirements during design and on site
• Ability to discuss complex technical issues and with key stakeholders, ability to persuade and influence
• Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations the Designer and principal Contractors role
• Good timekeeper
• Responsible, conscientious, punctual, highly organised, self-motivated and able to work under pressure, both on own initiative and as part of a busy team.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.