£36,000 - £42,000 per annum
Job DescriptionSite Manager required to work on Anglian Water AMP7, as part of the Integrated Operational Solutions (IOS) team.
This role involves the individual management of projects from inception to completion. It will be a site-based role requiring regular communication between other members of the delivery team based in the local office. Working under the Operations Manager, the Site Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Supervisors delivery teams and subcontractors on site.
The role will require the effective utilisation of time and resources to meet budgets and delivery programmes. You will undertake the implementation and monitoring of health, safety, quality and performance standards and ensuring all work meets required water industry regulations and Anglian Water approved standards, including POSWSH.
• Knowledge and Experience in the water industry
• Experience working in the highways
• To have a certificate in Site Safety Management (or attended 5 day course)
• Relevant CSCS card
• Street Works Qualification Register card
• Water Hygiene card.
• NEBOSH or SMSTS trained.
• Extensive experience in construction industry
• Have knowledge and experience of working to a budget and programme
• Commercial and Contractual awareness.
• Ability to minimise cost and maximise value during project construction phases.
• Experience of managing operational resources and sub-contractors in a construction environment
• Excellent customer and client relationship skills
• Ability to influence client decision making
• Basic Management training, skills & experience
• Good understanding of legislative and corporate SHEQ / Industry / Legal requirements
• IT abilities including MS Suite.
• Good Project / programme management skills
• Full UK driving licence
• Responsible for the management of site based Supervisors and Delivery Teams.
• Responsible for delivery of projects in line with tender allowances and agreed programmes of work, actively managing any slippage.
• Responsible for sub-contractor performance, ensuring variations are kept to an absolute minimum.
• Timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget.
• Attend internal and external review and progress meetings.
• Co-ordinate and Liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installation & construction teams
• Comprehensive inductions are delivered on all construction sites
• Site based change is identified and communicated to engineering / commercial & support team within 1 week of occurrence.
• Programme slippage is actively managed and mitigation plans implemented accordingly to minimise impact.
• Monitor SHEA, legislative & programme performance of sub-contractor as per own team
• Zero hours of standing time
• Underperforming team members are reported to Operations Manager.
• Projects delivered ahead of agreed programmes
• Accountable for SHEQ performance of Projects, including undertaking and record findings of periodic SHEQ visits.
• Acts as an ambassador for the company by supporting, promoting and implementing all company and Business Unit initiatives
• Responsible for driving cultural change into the Delivery/Design Teams to eliminate/minimise physical and non-physical waste – e.g. recycling techniques, workshop recharges, standing time etc.
• Responsible for communicating and recording of all Corporate, SHEQ or Business Unit briefings
• All briefings/inductions are recorded on relevant forms and retained for reference
• Appropriate welfare is available for use and well maintained throughout the construction phase
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.