Civil Design Engineer
£35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Job DescriptionOur client is looking to employ a Civil Design Engineer to become part of their company on a permanent basis. The client is a leading civil engineering company working in across multiple sectors and the right candidate will be responsible for assisting the production of designs and stakeholder management for a wide range of AMP7 infrastructure potable & wastewater projects.
Reporting to Design Team Leads, Civil Design Engineer will become a part of a multi-disciplinary design team, working collaboratively with customers.
What you’ll be doing day to day
• Design delivery of water and waste projects from outline scope to the construction stage in accordance with Water Industry Standards and relevant British Standards
• Undertake civil engineering design calculations, report writing and sketches
• Civil and Hydraulic design and analysis of pipelines, chambers, and structures
• Preparation of civil general arrangement drawings and details as required
• Work closely with CAD team to ensure design outputs are correctly transferred to project model and drawing outputs
• Scoping of all necessary site investigation works to assist design and construction.
• Interface with other designers where appropriate (Structural, Electrical & Mechanical Design) internal and external design companies.
• Stakeholder / third party management to facilitate accurate programming of works
• Ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
• Preparation of documents relating to and ensuring compliance with the designer’s responsibilities under the CDM regulations
• Timely production of the design outputs and associated documentation
• Attendance at design, progress and site meetings as required
• Providing mentoring and support to junior staff
• Engagement and communications with Clients as part of project delivery
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
• Degree level civil engineering qualification
• Working towards chartership with an applicable institution
• Knowledge of water and waste infrastructure and / or non-infrastructure design
• Knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering design would be advantageous
• Knowledge of CDEs would be advantageous
• Experience in structural / Geotechnical / hydraulics design would be advantageous.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong customer and stakeholder focus
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.