Senior Quantity Surveyor
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Job DescriptionSenior Quantity Surveyor required, to help ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of Civil Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical water industry schemes.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be:
• Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
• Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
• Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
• Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
• Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
• Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
• Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
• Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
• Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
• Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for the business.
• Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
• Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
• Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
• Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
• Manage commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPI’s.
• Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
• Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
The experience needed:
• Contracting background (Engineering)
• Full working knowledge of the NEC3/4 suite of contracts
• Understanding Contractual clauses and identifying risk/onerous conditions prior to engaging in contract with client
• WIP/Cash management
• CTC Management
• Resource Scheduling
• P&L reporting
• CVR’S and forecasting
• Change control (EW’s and CE’s)
• Delay and Disruption
• Applications for payment
• Risk and Opportunities management
• Driving profit improvement via the project teams.
• Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
• Accustomed to working to tight deadlines
• Track record of developing staff and creating a proactive and high performing team
• Water Industry Experience
You will have/will be:
• Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
• Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
• Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
• Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
• Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
• Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
• Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
• Good written and oral communication with Client, Colleagues and Supply Chain (building relationships)
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting.